An Efficient Refrigerant Choice for Modern AC Systems
Today's residential air conditioning (AC) systems are expected to be energy efficient and compatible with smart technology. The most effective systems create synergy to improve home comfort and reduce energy consumption.
Modern AC systems are designed to keep temperatures comfortable while using less electricity than older systems to maintain comparable cooling capacity. The technology that facilitates their efficiency includes:
- Smart thermostats
- Zone systems with separate climate controls
- Variable-speed AC systems that adjust a home's airflow
Innovating AC Refrigerants to Redefine Residential Comfort
Chemours has designed innovative refrigerants to complement these modern systems and enable them to deliver energy efficiency and cooling comfort. This new generation of hydrofluoroolefin (HFO) based Opteon™ refrigerants is low GWP and non-ozone depleting, and are aligned to regulatory industry requirements.
New, existing, and retrofitted systems can use the following Opteon™ refrigerants:
- Opteon™ XP20 (R-449C): New and retrofit systems
- Opteon™ XP41(R-463A): New and retrofit systems
- Opteon™ XL20 (R-454C): New systems only
- Opteon™ XL41 (R-454B): New systems only
- Opteon™ XL55 (R-452B): New systems only
Contact us for more information or if you have questions.