Get the Most From Opteon™ Products
The Opteon™ portfolio includes products used in a wide range of applications, including:
- Refrigerants for air conditioning and refrigeration
- Thermal management working fluids
- Foam blowing agents for insulation
- Specialty fluids for precision cleaning and carrier fluid applications
To support this diverse range of applications, The Chemours Company offers several helpful resources to ensure performance and safety when using any Opteon™ product.
Chemours Product Brand Assurance Program
Because of their superior performance, premium Opteon™ refrigerants, working fluids, and other products are sometimes subject to imitation and counterfeiting. The Global Chemours Brand Assurance Anti-Counterfeiting Program helps customers and users ensure they are getting high-quality Opteon™ products with the safety and performance characteristics they have purchased.
Delivering Optimal Refrigerant Performance
Choosing the best refrigerant for a specific air conditioning or refrigeration application or system and getting optimal performance using it can be challenging.
The Chemours Company offers several resources to make the right choice. Using these resources can help ensure peak performance, reduced wear, extended equipment lifetime, and safety. The resources include:
With an abundance of misinformation circulating, selecting the best refrigerant for your application can feel downright daunting. At the Opteon Knowledge Hub, our refrigerant experts sort myth from fact on refrigerant quality, safety, performance, and more.
Visit now and learn:
- The facts about where HFO refrigerants are being used today and where they’ll be used in the future.
- Refrigerant industry regulations and what they really mean for you.
- The truth about so-called “natural” refrigerants, including ammonia, CO2, and hydrocarbons.
- How quality impacts performance and why all refrigerants are not created equal.
The Chemours Refrigerant Expert Tool
The Chemours Refrigerant Expert (CRE) Version 1.0 software tool allows users to easily and quickly generate data for Opteon™ refrigerants, including:
- Thermodynamic property data tables
- Transport property data tables
- Theoretical refrigeration cycle calculations with cycle properties and line sizing data
The Chemours Pressure/Temperature Calculator Mobile App
The Chemours Pressure/Temperature (P/T) calculator mobile app provides automotive service technicians and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technicians with handy and accurate Opteon™ refrigerant data on the go, enabling quick and reliable system diagnostics. Data available in the app for each refrigerant includes:
- Physical, chemical, and environmental properties
- Temperature glide
- Typical use applications
- Lubricant recommendations