A High-Performing, Environmentally Sustainable R-410A Refrigerant Replacement for AC and Chillers
The heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry needs a refrigerant solution that offers maximum performance with minimal global warming potential (GWP). Opteon™ XL41 (R-454B) refrigerant is a non-ozone depleting (ODP), hydrofluoroolefin (HFO) based replacement boasting the lowest global warming potential of all R-410A commercially available replacements.
Opteon™ XL41 provides an easy, cost-effective refrigerant for use in new equipment, including:
- Residential, light commercial, and commercial positive displacement
- Direct expansion (DX) chillers and air conditioning (AC)
- Window units and portable AC
- Heat pumps and chillers
- Mini-split, multi-split and ducted-split units
- Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs)
Opteon™ XL41 closely matches the performance of R-410A and in some cases provides superior capacity and efficiency. Additionally, Opteon™ XL41 has a GWP of 466: that's a 78% reduction vs. R-410A.
With improved capacity and efficiency—Opteon™ XL41 facilitates easy conversion with minimal changes from an R-410A design. Opteon™ XL41 allows much higher charge sizes than other flammable refrigerants and is classified as mildly flammable (A2L). Other benefits of using Opteon™ XL41 include:
- Excellent performance in normal and high ambient conditions
- A low temperature glide with easy top off after leaks
- Miscibility with polyester (POE) lubricants
For assistance or more information about Opteon™ XL41, please contact us.