A High-Performance Developmental Fluid for Two-Phase Immersion Cooling*
As the demand for cloud storage, faster computing, AI capabilities, and battery electric vehicles (BEVs) surges, so does the need for superior cooling technologies with lower global warming potential (GWP).
Developed specifically for two-phase immersion cooling (2-PIC), Opteon™ 2P50 is a proprietary developmental hydrofluoroolefin (HFO) dielectric fluid with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and a very low GWP of 10 (AR6).
Electric equipment can be directly submerged in Opteon™ 2P50 developmental fluid for safe and efficient heat transfer. Because 2-PIC operates in a closed system, the vapor is immediately condensed and returned to the fluid bath.
Opteon™ 2P50 developmental immersion cooling fluid can address these and other fast-growing thermal management challenges:
- Data center servers
- Electric vehicle (EV) batteries
As an alternative to conventional air- and water-cooling technologies in data center applications, 2-PIC using Opteon™ 2P50 developmental immersion cooling fluid can help:
- Reduce cooling energy usage by more than 90%
- Nearly eliminate water use
- Enable up to a 60% reduction in the physical data center footprint
Features and Benefits
- Superior heat transfer properties and a normal boiling point of 49 ⁰C (120 ⁰F)
- Outstanding dielectric properties
- No flash point (ASTM D93) and no upper or lower flammability limits (ASTM E681)
- Compatible with most metals and plastics
- Excellent chemical stability
- Safe handling for intended applications
- Suitable replacement for PFPEs, HFEs, and HFKs in a variety of thermal management applications