A High-Performing Alternative to R-134a
Opteon™ XL10 (R-1234yf) refrigerant is a non-ozone depleting (ODP) hydrofluoroolefin (HFO) option that meets the industry's growing demands for sustainable, safe, and effective solutions. This A2L refrigerant is designed as a replacement for R-134a, and can be used without major modifications in new equipment, including:
- Medium-temperature commercial and industrial refrigeration systems
- Water chillers, air conditioning, and heat pumps
Features and Benefits
Opteon™ XL10 offers a close performance match to R-134a in terms of capacity and efficiency. It has zero ODP and a GWP of less than one (99% reduction vs. R-134a) to meet global regulatory requirements.
Opteon™ XL10 offers:
- Lower flammability than other refrigerants, with an ASHRAE A2L (mildly flammable) safety classification
- Easy conversion from R-134a design with minimal changes
- A single component, no temperature glide
- Miscibility and stability with polyolester (POE) lubricants
- The ability to use in higher charge sizes than highly flammable refrigerants such as propane (R-290) or isobutane (R-600)
Please check your local regulations and standards to verify the allowable filling charge, new equipment design, and safe handling requirements for intended applications. Follow applicable codes and standards to ensure safe use.