A Fast-Drying Carrier Fluid That Applies Lubrication Evenly
Specialty fluids are often used as carrier fluids to deposit fluorolubricants, silicones, coatings, adhesives, and other materials in smooth, even coatings on a variety of surfaces. Opteon™ specialty fluids are an optimal choice in industries such as medical device manufacturing, electronics, automotive, and others that require carrier fluids. Opteon™ carrier fluids are nonflammable, fast drying, and offer:
- Solubility with various types of lubricants and adhesives
- Low surface tension to effectively coat tight spaces and complex geometries
- Smooth, uniform coatings on a substrate
- Environmental sustainability with no ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP)
Features and Benefits
Opteon™ specialty fluids provide optimal performance, consistent quality, and the safety required for demanding industry applications. Opteon™ specialty fluids are ideal replacements for commonly used compounds in carrier fluid and lubricant deposition applications, including:
- Perfluorinated compounds (PFCs)
- Hydrofluoroethers (HFEs)
- Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)
Opteon™ SF10 and SF33 carrier fluids are well-suited for depositing lubricants and adhesives on a substrate. Both are nonflammable, thermally stable, and environmentally sustainable.
For assistance in selecting the best product for an application, contact Chemours' team of experts.